1. Youth Protection Training (YPT) is required for all registered adults as well as unregistered adults who join us for any overnight adventure. Anyone can do this today, but if you do it before you register with the BSA, be sure to use the same email address when you create an account as you do when you fill out registration forms to avoid confusion later on.
2. Position Specific Training (Den Leader, Committee Member, etc.) is also available on-line and recommended for leaders prior to the first meeting. Once you're a registered Adult you'll receive information on these requirements.
3. Adventure Specific Training such as BALOO (Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation for hikes and camping), Safe Swim Defense (for swimming), Safety Afloat (for boating activities), etc. can only be done in our Pack with someone trained for these activities. Let us know if you're interested and we'll help you sign up.
4. Shooting Sports and Fishing are an activity only allowed at a District Event, but they're always looking for more trained help. So if you have a love of archery, bbs, or fly-fishing and want to share this enthusiasm with our youth, let us know and we'll get you connected!
5. There are many other training opportunities both on-line and in person ranging in intensity from monthly Roundtable events where all the packs in the Monticello District get together to learn and share ideas to Wood Badge which is a two weekend overnite for adults looking to grow their personal leadership skills that ends with "working your ticket" for up to 18 months after.
It's really up to you as to how much you want to do. And as a registered leader, this training also counts toward adult "knot" recognitions.